Ideal shopping opportunities and bargains throughout Thailand are among the many reasons for which you want to visit the country. In fact, in Thailand you will get some of the best shopping opportunities in Asia. Whether you want to buy the traditional Thai handicrafts, gemstones, gold, jewelry or clothes, Thailand has something for everyone.
|The Central World|
Shopping,shopping,and shopping in Thailand.
Good buys include leather goods, silver, gold, precious stones, pearls, masks, pewter ware, dolls, painted umbrellas, bamboo and wood artifacts, and so on. Tailor-made clothes can be a good buy for you and these can be made in a matter of days, yet the standard of the clothes is very high.
Duty free shops are located throughout Thailand and items can be delivered to the airport in the time of your departure flight. If you find and purchase products with the labels like 'VAT Refund for Tourists' then 7 percent VAT will be refunded. You need to show your passport at the time of your purchase and fill the VAT Refund Application forms for the Tourists. Like many other countries, bargaining is acceptable in Thailand but it is more common in street markets than in large shopping malls. Thailand has more than enough shopping malls to suit all kinds of budgets and lifestyles. For the best shopping experiences, in terms of diversity of products, easy to get to location and overall satisfaction you can visit the shopping malls of Thailand.
|The Siam Paragon|
- Siam Paragon, one of the largest shopping malls in South East Asia has over 250 world class and local brand names in one single place. Siam Paragon is a 15 billion baht project which you can visit as department store, supermarket and entertainment center.
- The MBK Centre is enormous 8-storey mall, which was opened in 1985, provides more than two thousand stores and services, over a hundred restaurants and a large cinema complex.
|The Gaysorn Plaza|
- Thailand's very own Champs Elys'e is the Gaysorn Plaza which you can visit for one-stop luxury shopping. It is the home for international high-end brands, representing the excellence of life.
|The Pantip Plaza|
- The Pantip Plaza, located on New Phetchaburi Road in Ratchathewi district, is an indoor shopping mall for hardware and software products. Many argue that the main reason behind the success and unsavory reputation of the mall is the sale of pirated software and DVDs.
- Situated at the heart of Sukhumvit Road, the Emporium is the first deluxe fashion shopping complex of Thailand. You will find the finest quality goods of world class brands and exclusive and colorful Thai handicrafts in a warm and hassle-free environment. You can also visit River City Shopping Complex which is on the historic River of kings for all the varieties of Thai art and culture.
Shopping in Thailand is an experience that would delight all type of shoppers, either serious buyers or casual ones. Thailand has all kinds of malls where you can buy a lot of things. You will be impressed in Thailand by the sky high air conditioned shopping malls and the hustle and bustle of the legendary vibrant street markets.
Later in 2012, a new shopping mall will open in Thailand - The Promenada Resort Mall. For more information visit Shopping Malls in Thailand.